The Hundred-Foot Journey – #Foodie Friday – Omelette Aux Fines Herbes

I am excited to be bringing you weekly recipes, so far anyways, to bring awareness to the DreamWorks picture The Hundred-Foot Journey, starring the fabulous Helen Mirren.  This film sounds fantastic and looks amazing.  Here is a little quote telling what the picture is about and then you’ll find the terrific recipe of the week.  After the recipe, I will share the trailer for this charming picture, which is a tale of a battle between chefs and worlds and a meeting of the minds.

“In “The Hundred-Foot Journey,” Hassan Kadam (Manish Dayal) is a culinary ingénue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. Displaced from their native India, the Kadam family, led by Papa (Om Puri), settles in the quaint village of Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val in the south of France. Filled with charm, it is both picturesque and elegant – the ideal place to settle down and open an Indian restaurant, the Maison Mumbai. That is, until the chilly chef proprietress of Le Saule Pleureur, a Michelin starred, classical French restaurant run by Madame Mallory (Academy Award®-winner Helen Mirren), gets wind of it. Her icy protests against the new Indian restaurant a hundred feet from her own, escalate to all out war between the two establishments – until Hassan’s passion for French haute cuisine and for Mme. Mallory’s enchanting sous chef, Marguerite (Charlotte Le Bon), combine with his mysteriously delicious talent to weave magic between their two cultures and imbue Saint-Antonin with the flavors of life that even Mme. Mallory cannot ignore. At first Mme. Mallory’s culinary rival, she eventually recognizes Hassan’s gift as a chef and takes him under her wing.

“The Hundred-Foot Journey” abounds with flavors that burst across the tongue. A stimulating triumph over exile, blossoming with passion and heart, with marjoram and madras, it is a portrayal of two worlds colliding and one boy’s drive to find the comfort of home, in every pot, wherever he may be.”

100 foot journey omelette image003 The Hundred Foot Journey   #Foodie Friday   Omelette Aux Fines Herbes

Like THE HUNDRED FOOT JOURNEY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/100footjourneymovie

Follow THE HUNDRED FOOT JOURNEY on Twitter: https://twitter.com/the100ftJourney

Instagram: http://instagram.com/thehundredfootjourney

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/100FtJourney

THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY charms it’s way into theaters everywhere on August 8th!

1. April Farley says:

I follwed them on Pintrest

2. rochelle haynes says:

I love egg omelette eat them all the time

3. kathy downey says:

I love omettles,so many ways you can perpare

4. Yummy, and totally allowed on my diet. I would probably use olive oil instead of butter though just to help with the cholesterol thing. http://www.thesavingswife.com

5. Deborah D says:

This omelet looks yummy! Can’t wait to make it.

6. You know I have to try that omelette receipe! Thanks!

7. Linda romer says:

I love omelets. This recipie looks good I will have to make these omelets for my family. Thank you

8. Debbie Welchert says:

The movie looks wonderful. As does the recipe. I love omelets but have never tried them with those kind of herbs. I’ll have to give it a try….

9. That’s a different spin on dinner and a movie. I like it. I initially just clicked on for the recipe.

10. Michelle Salais says:

I love making omlettes but, what is chervil? And, where can I buy it? I’ve never heard of that.

11. nikki robak says:

the movie sounds like it would be a good watch

12. rochelle haynes says:

I love eggs omelettes

13. Jesselyn A/Jesstinger says:

Back when I was young, carefree and utterly oblivious to concerns like Cholesterol… I once (a perk of being a young and carefree travel agent ~ once upon a time…) travelled through Europe (especially France ~ but all over really ~ in search of the perfect OMELETTE! While I admit to sampling a kinds of omelettes, truly the ultimate omelette (and test of omelette making ability) has to be the Omelette aux Fines Herbes ~ which demands the freshest eggs, the freshest cut FINE herbs and a very deft hand with the pan! Some of the finest fine herb omelettes I enjoyed were in what I could call a French countryside TRUCK STOP.

Now that I am older, less carefree (and more aware of cholesterol) I still love a good omelette (and eaten in moderation EGGS are VERY healthy and close to being a perfect food. Unfortunately I discovered that with a few delightful exceptions (no, I’m not going to say “eggception!!!”) for the most part if you want a really really good omelette, you have to make it yourself and most places that serve breakfast have never even heard of “fine herbes” much less do they HAVE any!)

On the bright side, both my Honey/Hubby and me have become quite good at making nearly perfect omelette and we grow out own “Fines” (and “other”) herbs year ’round. I took me like FOREVER to finally master (well, just barely do a passing job, most of the time…) THE ROLL. One thing we have changed though: we no longer take the time to clarify the butter
    We just don’t have the time or the patience for it! (Unless we are planning make some Indian food and so also need GHEE) but we DO only use UNSALTED BUTTER. (Frankly we ONLY use unsalted butter: it not only TASTES fresher, it IS fresher.

14. scarlett mills says:

My husband LOVES omelets, I can’t seem to make them for the life of me though lol

15. cheryl lister says:

I never heard of blanching the herbs first. Perhaps that brings out their flavor more.

16. April Farley says:

I want to see this movie so badly! Though I do not think my hubbie will submit to going! The omelette sounds divine!

17. The movie sounds like a great storyline! I love that it features chefs and that the recipes featured in promotion have been relatively easy to make! I enjoy Hellen Mirren and can’t wait to watch The Hundred Foot Journey!

18. Casey Fuller says:

I love that you are doing recipes based on this film! I haven’t seen it yet, but have heard it is so wonderful, and I cannot wait.

19. The movie was fabulous!!!! Run do not walk to go see it!

20. joann tompkins winborn says:

I love omelettes! and this one sounds delicious! Can’t wait to see this movie!

21. kathy downey says:

Thanks for sharing,would love to try this

22. Sarah Hayes says:

ive never heard of this movie but Ill check it out. that omelet looks good! Im always down for eggs

23. Dorothy Teel says:

I think that this movie the 100 Foot Journey would be great and show how different cutlures contribute to each other and how we get along, I think it would be interesting to have some French Indian food, it would be fun to eat at the Maison Mumbai.

24. My hubby is a pro at making omelettes. The one pictured above looks yummy and so fluffy.

25. That looks so good! I love tarragon but I’ve never thought to use it in eggs. Thanks for the recipe!

26. Sally Peckham says:

This sounds like a great movie! Can’t wait to try this omelette recipe! Thank you! :)

27. Christina G. says:

I love Helen Mirren so I can’t wait to see this movie. Thanks for sharing!

28. Lisa Schweizer says:

Thank you for sharing!! I loved this movie :)

29. I love to cook and love trying out new recipes! Those Omelets look delicious, and omelets are one of my husband and kids favorites. I will definitely have to try this one out!

30. Gale McCarron says:

Love collecting recipes, especially ones with an abundance of flavors. I’m not always sure what herbs to add. Thanks!

31. I forgot about this movie. I do want to see it. I like omelets.

32. This movie looks so cute, and you can’t go wrong with Helen Mirrin!

33. The omelette looks delicious. I really should look into growing chervil. I can’t wait to see this movie. It looks great!

34. Ashley Redford says:

This Omelet sounds amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

35. Sarah Vegetabile says:

I am always looking for new ways to make my family happy at dinner. This seems like an excellent meal they will love and ask for!

36. I loved the trailer for this movie. I couldn’t wait for it to come out but believe it or not it didn’t play anywhere in my town. I was bummed.

37. i love trying out new omlettes !:)

yum, the more veggies in an omlette the better!!!

Thank you! xoxox

38. looks delicious

39. Jane Ritz says:

I love omelets. They are the perfect food when cooking for one!

40. kathy downey says:

We love egg omelette eat them every Saturday morning

41. Oooooh, that looks so good! I love a good omelette and this one looks so simple and uncomplicated!

42. These eggs look marvelous. I would like to make something like this for my husband on the weekend this fall.

43. I want to see this movie. I’m going to try this omelette. Thank you for sharing.

44. molli vandehey says:

this looks lik e a great recipe and i love the idea of food equalling aWARENESS. really enhances the experience. thanks for sharing.

45. theresa harris says:

I have a recipe I need to share its buffalo chicken dip soooo good and delish, but too tired will be back

46. I watched this movie over the holiday and it was wonderful! The food looks delicious and the plot is terrific. I’d love to taste the omelette made in the movie.

47. laura rubenstein says:

Looks Delicious!! This is a must make recipe!!

48. dawn rader says:

my family loves eggs!! Omlettes are always a hit here! Thanks for sharing!

49. Alicia Arsenault says:

Followed on Pinterest. I love Omelettes and this one looks incredible. Definitely need to try soon after I pick up the herbs next grocery run.

50. Pamela Gurganus says:

I loved this movie and I can’t wait to try this omelette recipe! Thanks for sharing!

51. I’ve never even heard of chervil, but it sounds delicious!

52. josephine evans says:

love this!

53. Margaret Imecs says:

The Hundred-Foot Journey was amazing!

54. Christina H. says:

This movie looks so good!!

55. Amy Moore says:

Thanks for this! Despite it now being out of theatres, I’ve been on line about whether to watch it or not.

56. Michelle Tucker says:

Not sure which looks better, the omelette or the movie! Both!!! I really love Helen Mirren.

57. I have note seen the movie, but the omelet looks delicious. I can’t wait to give this a try, thank you for sharing this recipe.

58. So excited to try this out! Omlettes and eggs in general are a very versatile dish.

59. Helen Merrin is one of my most favorite actresses. She is a lady of class, but can portray a woman hard as nails. I know I will now have to rent this movie!!!

The omelet recipe is a wonderful added bonus.

60. Erika Messer says:

I LOVED this movie! It made me cry so hard when his hands got burned but I wanted so badly to be able to cook like he does even with burned hands. I love the sound of this recipe and I am def saving it and going to try it :) If I can make an omelet without it getting messed up I will consider myself lucky :)

61. I’ve been a fan of Helen Mirren since she was in “Excalibur.” I’ll look for this movie.

62. michelle elizondo says:

Ill try it!

63. Tamra Phelps says:

This was a great movie. I wish I could get someone to cook those dishes for me, lol.